Monday, August 23, 2010

Champagne Infusion Bar

Photo Courtesy of Jose Villa Photography and Project Wedding

 I love how the effervescent bubbles in champagne tickle my nose every time I take a sip! Champagne isn't just for wedding toasts and New Year's Eve celebrations. Lobster, mushrooms, shrimp, chicken, sushi, cheese and desserts all pair well with champagne. At your next bash, treat your guests to something out of the ordinary...a Champagne Infusion Bar!
Photo Provided By Project Wedding


A Champagne Infusion Bar is simply champagne laced with a variety of  fruit juices/purees, brandies or liquors. I've talked before about adding touches that create a "Wow Factor" for your party. This colorful, flavorful option will make you the toast of the town! I'll admit I'm not a trained mixologist, but I just couldn't resist the opportunity to concoct a few...strictly for research purposes, of course. ( I can just envision your smirks!) How am I to provide my readers an honest opinion without tasting things for myself? Good point, huh?! So, after sampling several, four made my taste buds tingle with glee!

Infusions

Creme de Cassis (Black Currant Liquor)
Midori (Melon Liquor)                                              
Blueberry Schnapps
Apricot Nectar

Each of the above mixed with champagne, created a bubbly, vibrant colored masterpiece with a pleasing finish. When creating your own infusion bar, keep in mind every one's tastes are different. Variety is key! Before finalizing the bar menu, ask your venue for a tasting. If planning a soiree at home, turn your kitchen into your laboratory and test away! In fact, invite a few friends over to help with the selections. It's a great idea for a girl's only or couple's get together. Afterwards, your friends will be buzzing (no pun intended) to others about your upcoming party.

 Photo Courtesy of Project Wedding  


                                                             
Eat, Drink and Celebrate Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment