Sunday, July 11, 2010

Upscale "Adults Only" Ice Cream Soiree

Whether the temperature outside is a sizzling 100 degrees or a chilling 27, ice cream is always a staple in my freezer. I could eat ice cream anytime, day or night. In fact, there have been times I've treated my children to ice cream for dinner. Oh boy, did I did rock those nights!  I have my parent's to thank for my ice cream addiction. I can recall numerous visits to Carvel and Baskin Robbins for a chilly treat. In fact, one year my brother won a contest at a Carvel store's grand opening. First prize was a year's worth of ice cream for the winner and their family. Once a week, my Dad would pile us into the family car and drive off to Carvel for our weekly frozen fix . Those were fun times!

Here's a little bit of trivia for you...did you know in 1984, Ronald Reagan decreed July as  "National Ice Cream Month?" Since July is upon us, I thought I'd post a fun party idea to celebrate the occasion. Why not invite your friends over for an "Adults Only" Ice Cream Soiree? Yes, you read it right. No, I'm not suffering from brain freeze. Hire your babysitters, send the kids to grandma's...this is a night for embracing your ice cream passion!

What transforms a "Kids" ice cream bash into an alluring "Adult" get together?  Imagine this...a table chicly decorated with slender glass bottles, filled with Grand Marnier, warm Grade B maple syrup, Chambord, aged balsamic vinegar and Kahlua. A hand-made, scripted tag is attached to each bottle with satin ribbon,  acquainting  guests with each liquid libation. Elegant glass bowls and jars in various shapes and sizes, overflowing with crystallized ginger, toasted coconut, sinful chocolate sauce, espresso powder, crushed pistachios, almonds, sliced strawberries, bite-sized pineapple chunks, graham cracker crumbs, cubed pound cake and brownies. In the center of the table, luscious vanilla bean, heavenly chocolate and bold coffee flavored ice cream are showcased in small glass or silver ice buckets. Embellished miniature picture frames are used as signage for the flavorful ice cream and tantalizing toppings. Guests concoct their decadent creations in10 oz martini glasses.

 

Live, Love, Laugh and Eat Lots Of Ice Cream! 
Happy National Ice Cream Month

No comments:

Post a Comment