Monday, September 27, 2010

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings - Magical Venues That Bring Your Event To Life


Close your eyes and imagine the wedding of your dreams. What do you see?  Are you marrying your beloved on a gondola in Venice? Or saying your vows under the stars with an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower in Paris? Perhaps your surrounded by your loved ones in a castle centuries old? With help from the cast of Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, your dreams can come true!

Korri, Meredith and I spent weeks discussing my visit to Walt Disney World and what I wished to accomplish while there. With a background in event  planning and design, my questions and requests weren't  typical of press. They were ones asked by a peer with an appreciation for the effort it takes to transform the ordinary to the extraordinary. One of the elements that sets Walt Disney World a part from other destination wedding locations is its vast portfolio of unique venues, capable of hosting wedding ceremonies and receptions from intimate to grand.



It was hot and humid the morning I walked into Franck's Bridal Studio to meet Korri and Meredith for the first time. I was happy to find myself in the presence of two upbeat, talented and engaging ladies. After acquainting me with Franck's newly redesigned bridal studio, we jumped in a car and took off for the American Adventure at EPCOT.

Before I go on, let me fill you in on something...

I am a big fan of Walt Disney World! No, my house is not decorated with Disney decor, but I grew up with parents who loved taking my brother and I to the Magic Kingdom. I can still remember an afternoon in 1980, when my family and I rode the monorail to a cement platform that is now the monorail station for EPCOT. We gazed in amazement at a large silver ball being erected in the middle of a vast sea of dirt. In 1982, a week before it's opening to the public, I experienced Spaceship Earth for the very first time.


As we entered the rotunda of the American Adventure, again my mind flooded with memories. I'd strolled around the ornate room many times while listening to patriotic songs performed by the Voices of Liberty. Candles, rich colored linens, china, crystal, decoratively folded napkins elegantly displayed in the center of each guest's plate, floral arrangements...this place had such possibilities! The American Adventure can be utilized for parties of 100 guests or more. It seats up to 230 guests comfortably with a dance floor, when occupying the first and second floors of the rotunda.


Stepping out into the sunshine, we walked to Italy Isola, an outdoor space offering exceptional views of EPCOT's nighttime fireworks spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The area is full of character and is perfect for a cocktail or dessert party for 100-150 people or an ambrosial buffet  for 50-60 guests.


Back in the car, we headed to Disney's Boardwalk for a peak inside the Atlantic Dance Hall. Couples looking for a non-traditional atmosphere, with a high energy feel and enough room to dance the night away, will adore this venue! The Atlantic Dance Hall has a seating capacity for 130 and is available for buffet style service only.


The tour continued at Disney's Wedding Pavilion located next to Franck's Bridal Studio. This non-denominational pavilion was designed to comfortably seat up to 300 guests, showcases picturesque views of Cinderella's Castle, has a state of the art sound system, organ and video cameras discreetly placed throughout the room, allowing videographers to capture every angle of a ceremony.



A short walk from the Wedding Pavilion brings us to the doors of  Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. It's ballrooms are designed with the same understated Victorian grace and charm the adorn the resort. Couples seeking a polished, romantic, atmosphere with antique accents will fall in love with this gem of a space!

With over 35 venues, each gushing with it's own distinctive flair...it's no wonder over 30,000 couples have celebrated their happily-ever-after with the help of Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings.


1 comment:

  1. Indeed, these are ultimate wedding venues and weddings here would look amazing. Last week, arranged my friend’s wedding at one of DC wedding venues. Booked it online and got a great discount on package and services.

    ReplyDelete